31 March 2008

Usborne Look & Say Books


I really like Usborne's Look & Say series, they are very colorful and realistic with clay like figures for the characters. I do have to say, I wish they would have put a few more shapes in the book. My daughter has a trapezoid, diamond/rhombus, octagon and pentagon in her puzzles and she knows them except she gets confused with the octagon and pentagon - really all "gons" for that matter. :) The other wish I had about the shape book was that they point out a few more obvious shapes on a few pages but maybe they figure the parents will - and we did. :)
The house one is just great though! I do not understand though why children's books still call a couch a sofa. Not as familiar a term. I really like these and I have read other Usborne material and really like it.

0 comments: