26 April 2008

Angelina Ballerina books






Well, I have never really heard anyone review these books but I tried them anyway. I have mixed feelings about these books. On the one hand they are super girly, they have great illustrations and mostly cute plots. My dilemma is that I don't really appreciate that when there is an issue in her life it doesn't get cleared up. There is no forgiveness, the problem just doesn't exist. In Angelina and Alice, her friend Alice leaves her for a group of other girls, not a word as to why or anything and then all the sudden she shows up to help Angelina again. That is not how friends treat friends. If someone wrongs another the right thing to do is say you're sorry. I did like in the ice skating book her creative way to include everyone in their show. Overall, I would say they are ok, but read with a teaching mind to help your kids understand that somethings need to be address in a different way.

0 comments: