09 June 2008

I'm Taking a Trip on My Train

This book is so cute and I would give it a high rating in my book except for the ending. I'll explain in a moment. This book builds and is quite repetitive - but in a good way. This little boy is playing with his train set and there are word pictures to help children be able to "read" the story with you. I loved this story about "my train" as my daughter said. The end was so disappointing. As you hear this sweet boy playing with his train you think happy right? Well, the mother walks in his room to ask him to pick up his train set and her eyebrows are set in the worst angry eyes that an illustrator could give and she keeps it every page then till the end of the book... My mom found this one at a garage sale so I think I might adjust her eyebrows...

0 comments: