13 June 2008

Mickey and the Beanstalk

Like always Disney has to come in and do fairy tales up there way but they can be fun to read even if they aren't a must read. :) Mickey is always a fun character. I have definitely heard much livelier versions of this.

I don't normally recommend movies but my husband and I found an interesting twist on this one last year called: Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story
It tells both side to the story in a way I had never thought of and from what I remember it was clean. I can't remember the rating and now looking online I find 2, Not Rated and PG. It is a little dark for small children and I know this is a book blog for kid's books but it gave me and my husband a new perspective on the story which we may be able to tell to our kids in a lighter fashion.

0 comments: