29 October 2008

Little Miss Sunshine - Hargreaves

I just love Little Miss Sunshine and the smiles she brings to me as I read this book. On vacation she runs across Miseryland, a sad, sad country and she is arrested and taken to the king for disobeying one of their rules - No Smiling. When in the king's present she breaks more rules of giggling, chuckling and laughing. The king has never done any of these things before and doesn't understand how someone could be merry at all. Little Miss Sunshine saves the day as her bright cheery self helps the king see he can be merry too as well as his whole kingdom.
A bright spot to anyone's day, I highly recommend this book, I have really liked it since I was a kid. I know they even use to sell little figurines of Little Miss Sunshine and her friends.

0 comments: