05 January 2010

Hairy Maclary and Zachary Quack - Lynley Dodd

I can't believe I have never heard of these books, I found them on Amazon very easily but I had to go all the way to New Zealand to find out about them from a friend from South Africa...go figure. :) Thanks Penny! Her kids and my kids just loved these easy rhythm and rhyme stories of these sweet and mischievous dogs and cats. With names like Hairy Maclary and Schnitzel Von Krumm who wouldn't.

This book focuses on Hairy Maclary as he is napping and friend Zachary Quack insists on a game of hide and seek. Their friendship wins over a nap and Hairy Maclary gets more than he bargained for at times. In the end, these friends end their play with a nap. It is such a sweet book and the illustrations are great!

I highly recommend these books, Lynley Dodd has done such a great job! I will post the other books I have read of hers but I don't see where they might err, they all seem super cute and will make for a fun read with your children.

0 comments: