26 July 2010

Once I Ate a Pie - MacLachlan & Charest


Once I Ate a Pie is the perfect coffee table book for dog lovers and a great taste for your little ones in good descriptive poetry. The illustrations really capture different breeds and types of dogs in a really unique way.
"Puppy:
The World is big.
Trees too tall.
Sky too high.
Snow over my head..."
This mother and daughter have captured the personalities with such descriptive words and they have named each dog with such creative names that add to the book's personality. So come on and meet Wupsi, Mr. Beefy, Pocket, Sugar and many more loveable puppies. I love this book, it is well written, well illustrated and would be a great introduction to poetry for your little ones or a good resource of well done poetry for older children.
Thanks Emily for sharing this one with me!!!

0 comments: