09 August 2013

Romeo and Lou Blast Off by Derek Andrerson


My kids loved this book!  This silly polar bear and penguin have a great imagination!  I love a good book that shows imagination.  This pair goes out into the snow and builds a spaceship and then blast off into their imagination.  I love how the illustrator makes the police officer look like a shark, this children are fish and the little dog look like a mini polar bear.  I love how they end the book making a rocket out of boxes and take off...but they are on a ship headed home.

My one critic is that they use the word 'Jeesh' which in my opinion is a slang for Jesus who is my Savior so it is offensive to me. 

Overall, I think my kids liked the illustrator's work more than the authors.  They almost could have told they story without words.

0 comments: